Those who have worn dentures for years are likely to have suffered bone loss. This does not mean you are unable to receive dental implants; you can still have successful implant surgery through a clinically proven procedure called bone grafting.
Bone loss is bad news, not only for your teeth, but also for the facial structure. If a tooth is lost and not quickly replaced with a dental implant, over time the bone behind it will recede and give the face a sunken appearance. Bone grafts revitalise and rejuvenate the face while providing the best possible foundation for implant treatment.
- Bone grafts can be sourced from your jaw or hips or more commonly its sourced from cow's and pig's processed bone proteins or other synthetic materials.
- Our dentist will insert these material expertly into your jaw. Your bone cells will proliferate into the graft material and over time will make new bone.
- Once healed, the implant site will be as strong as natural bone and you'll be ready for implants.
We know that just like any surgical procedure, a bone graft can be daunting. We are more than happy to talk you through your procedure step by step and work out the best arrangement for you. We'll always make sure you're fully aware of every option and comfortable with your informed decisions before moving forward.
- A more youthful appearance will give you a confidence boost.
- A second chance at the comfort and security of dental implants.
- A long-term investment in your health and wellbeing.